Withdraw submissions

Q&A related to the challenge: JRS 2012 DM Competition: Topical Classification of Biomedical Research Papers

Withdraw submissions

Postby chengweiwei » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 am

Dear Organizer,

I am wondering if there is any way that the competitor can withdraw one of his/her submissions? I think it is necessary especially in the case when the competitor has realized he/she accidentally over-fits the randomly selected test data.

Best
Weiwei
chengweiwei

Re: Withdraw submissions

Postby NosferatoCorp » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 am

chengweiwei wrote:I am wondering if there is any way that the competitor can withdraw one of his/her submissions? I think it is necessary especially in the case when the competitor has realized he/she accidentally over-fits the randomly selected test data.
Weiwei

Unfortunately, from what I know, TunedIT Challenge Platform does not allow to withdraw submissions.

However, I realize that it might be an issue. In some rare emergency cases we can try to manually exchange the submissions used for final testing. We may agree on this only in reasonable, well-motivated situations. In such a case, please write us an email with attached submission that in your opinion is the best and briefly describe the problem (i.e. why do you think your current submission is over-fitted?).

Thank you for raising this important matter.

Best,

Andrzej Janusz
NosferatoCorp

Return to JRS 2012 Data Mining Competition: Topical Classification of Biomedical Research Papers