Ho to configre TSF so that every car send their GPS data

Questions, answers, discussions related to IEEE ICDM Contest

Ho to configre TSF so that every car send their GPS data

Postby tmq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:42 am

I ran the TSF downloaded from TuneId repository to obtain the GPS data (file cars.csv) as in the GPS task (task 3 in ICDM 2010contest). However I want more detailed data that all the cars send their GPS data to the server instead of only 1% of the cars which randomly selected send the data. How can I configure the TSF or is their any other version of TSF that can help me to got such a detail data?

PS. I have read the TSF document carefully. It stated that we can output the data from the monitored region but in fact the TSF just generated the data as defined for the three tasks (traffic, jam, Gps) in the ICDM contest. I guessed that there is another version of TSF which can be used for a more general purpose than the ICDM contest so that more detailed data can be generated from this version. I have visited the website given in the TSF instruction document (http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/ pawelg/traffic_simulator.) but the site provided no information about TSF. I also tried to contact to the author of TSF (pawelg@mimuw.edu.pl) but I could not reach him (I has not replied me from about 2 weeks waiting. I wonder if he got my email or not). Does any one help me?

Best regards,
tmq

Re: Ho to configre TSF so that every car send their GPS data

Postby pawelg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Thank you for the question,

I uploaded the newest version of TSF to http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/~pawelg/TSF/. The user can specify percent of cars that report their position in the file input.txt (line LogNumber) in the project's main directory.

Best regards,
Pawel Gora
pawelg

Re: Ho to configre TSF so that every car send their GPS data

Postby tmq » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 am

Thank you very much for your updating the new version of TSF. It is very useful since I can get the GPS data reported from any percentage of the cars travel on the specific monitored links. This data will be useful in studying the effect of the penetration rate (how many percent of the real data collected) to the accuracy of the traffic state prediction.

By the way, is there anyone studying this issue? Can we discuss more detail in this concern?

Best regards,
Tran Minh Quang,
tmq

Return to IEEE ICDM Contest: Road Traffic Prediction for Intelligent GPS Navigation