TRAFFIC DATA FILE SEMANTICS ???

Questions, answers, discussions related to IEEE ICDM Contest

TRAFFIC DATA FILE SEMANTICS ???

Postby whatsinaname23 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 pm

HI
Could any one tell us whether the 20 numbers in one line are arranged as first 10 for one direction and second 10 for the other, or whether the recordings of two
different directions of a road segment occur in consecutive pairs?
whatsinaname23

Re: TRAFFIC DATA FILE SEMANTICS ???

Postby pawelg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:41 pm

The recordings of two different directions of a road segment occur in consecutive pairs.
pawelg

Postby Pozdrawiam » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:24 pm

May I ask for simple file format?

----
Does that mean for example the 1st row in the training set are:

1 2 11 10 15 12 7 12 5 8 18 3 20 18 14 27 14 7 37 7

so the format can be interpreted as the following?

Road1-Direction1 Road1-Direction2 Road2-Direction1 Road2-Direction2 ... Road10-Direction1 Road10-Direction2
--

sorry I don't understand this.

What the numbers are?

How many [X] cars goes way number [Y] ?

--
Data points are consecutive lines of the file. Every line corresponds to one point in time.
--

Which point is the starting point, and where is logic which one column in sencond (next) row is continuation of the car way?

---
Traffic - solution file format

The file should contain 1000 lines, with 20 values each.
Values must be separated by a single space - without leading nor trailing spaces.

How you read that 20 values? What they means for you?

predicted values of traffic - I understand description, but which number is what?

What gives me GPS limits values if I cannot connect it to the data in Trafiic or Jams track?
Pozdrawiam

Postby Swietlicka » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the questions.

Pozdrawiam wrote:Does that mean for example the 1st row in the training set are:

1 2 11 10 15 12 7 12 5 8 18 3 20 18 14 27 14 7 37 7

so the format can be interpreted as the following?

Road1-Direction1 Road1-Direction2 Road2-Direction1 Road2-Direction2 ... Road10-Direction1 Road10-Direction2

Yes, this is the right interpretation (with one exception - see this post for details).

Pozdrawiam wrote:What the numbers are?

How many [X] cars goes way number [Y] ?

Yes, exactly: each number is the number of cars that drove through the given road segment in the last minute.

Pozdrawiam wrote:Which point is the starting point, and where is logic which one column in sencond (next) row is continuation of the car way?

The data in task 1 don't represent individual cars' positions - the given numbers correspond to roads. Thus, there is no starting point nor continuation of the car way.

Pozdrawiam wrote:How you read that 20 values? What they means for you?

predicted values of traffic - I understand description, but which number is what?

The 20 values in each line should be the predicted numbers of cars that drove through the given read segments - see task description for details. The order of the numbers should be just like in the training data set.

Pozdrawiam wrote:What gives me GPS limits values if I cannot connect it to the data in Trafiic or Jams track?

Different tracks are not directly related to each other. The data were generated using the same simulator and the same graph of streets, but in different simulations. Therefore, you cannot connect the data.

Hope it helps :)

Joanna Świetlicka, TunedIT
Swietlicka

Return to IEEE ICDM Contest: Road Traffic Prediction for Intelligent GPS Navigation